Step 1: Factory default the NV-EC1701 Transceivers
- Connect two NV-EC1701 transceivers using a coax jumper.
- Apply power to one of the NV-EC1701 using its 55VDC power supply.
- On each NV-EC1701, use the straightened paper-clip, for 15 seconds until all LEDs flash depress and release the small push-button located behind and slightly above the RJ45 LED. Observe that the green BNC LED goes on for ten seconds and then goes off.
Step 2: Establishing Connection
- On the first transceiver, press and release the push-button (accessible with the straightened paper-clip) again. The blue POWER LED will start blinking.
- Do the same for the second transceiver. Its blue POWER LED will also start blinking.
- Both transceivers are now in Join Mode and will automatically locate each other to establish an encrypted communication.
- After about 10 seconds, both transceivers' blue POWER LEDs will return to a steady condition, and the green BNC LEDs will light up, signaling a successful connection.
Step 3: Adding More Transceivers (If Needed)
- To add additional transceivers to the same Network Group, disconnect the second transceiver and replace it with a new un-joined one (transceivers #3, #4, or #5, etc.).
- Repeat Step 2 for each new transceiver you wish to add.
As an alternative, you can use the Management tool.
Management tool download
Management tool information guide
Npcap download for missing .dll libraries
Refer to the image below, and "Install NpCap in WinPcap API-compatible Mode" for best results.
After installing both the Npcap library and the management tool.
Make sure you have unplugged/ turned off all subsequent head end units. If you are attempting this with other units cross joined you may lose connectivity accidentally, all subsequent units need to be completed un powered and turned off, disconnecting the unit from the network is not enough, units need to be complete turned off.
Step 1: Select your network interface
All interfaces is the easiest way to find your units.
Step 2: Search
Press the search button
Step 3: Command
Select the command option that reflects your setup
Step 4: Password
Type the password you want to assign to your group
Step 5: Change
: Change the password for that group, please wait for about 2 minutes for all units to be remarried to each other.
You’ll find additional information on all our products on our website.
For more assistance,